Camping can be pretty fun if you have the equipment for it. Well, good camping requires a lot of hiking, running and other fun adventures. To keep your energy up to the mark for all of them, you need to make sure that you take your meals properly. Arranging good food while camping can be a bit problematic if you don’t want to rely on frozen or canned food.
But well, problematic not impossible, you can always look around for some firewood to use as fuel, but you will only be able to use wood as fuel if it’s dry enough and if you are lucky enough to find enough wood. This won’t be the case every time, you must have a better option, a better alternative for your cooking.
Why do you need a Camping Stove?
Well, this is the better alternative for woods and living like a caveman. You can use the stove for cooking your food quickly without any difficulty.
why camping stoves are better, you ask? The fact that you don’t have to go into the wild to find dry wood that is why using a gas stove indeed is a better option. You have to use some human-made fuel such as some chemicals instead of firewood, and it’s also a lot safer than the standard wood fires. It also makes cooking more comfortable, efficient and also ensures better-cooked food.
Why go for a Camping Stove Grill Combo?
Everyone likes to have more for less. In a Combo Grill set, you will be able to have many features of a grill and another type of burner too. This makes it easier to cook different types of food items on the same grill set. So, it’s better to have a Grill Combo rather than a single grill or stove.
The Best Camping Stove Grill Combo To Buy
Now, it is time to consider the options which are considered to be the best selected by our specialists.
|The Right Size|
|Heavy-Duty Grill Box|
|Heat Diffuser Plates|
|Big Size Stoves|
Coleman is one of the best brands when it comes to having a griller and stove combo that can be used for camping. The company is known for its exceptional design and built quality that makes the stove last for several years.
This particular grill stove combo is by far, one of the best products from Coleman. It comes with a 2-in-1 design that lets the user use both the grill and the stove at the same time. The stove also has a big cooking area so you can fit most of your items in the cooking space. This Coleman Combo is a perfect option because of its affordable price as well.
- Wind Shields – Gives an advantage on camping on a windy day. The windshield included in this set won’t let the wind ruin your meal.
- The fact that it is Coleman-made makes it the best. The brand is known for keeping consistent heat and efficient fuel burning.
- The standard camping requirement is 5,500 BTUs. This set can quickly produce 10,000 BTUs with a maximum of 20,000 BTUs, which is higher than more expensive competitors.
- This grill combo is exceptionally cost-efficient, making it the best.
- Enough room to grill for your whole family, this grill set, being cheap is astonishingly significant in size.
If you want to have a more prominent grill where most of your healthy cooking can happen, then you need to go for the Camp Chef Big Gas Grill! This is an excellent option when it comes to grillers that are big enough to do regular style cooking during the camping. The dimensions of the griller might be significant in comparison to the other camping stoves, but the unit is straightforward to clean because of its modest design! This is the best option for you if you are planning a camping trip with a bigger group.
- A stove burner you will love, this Camp Chef product is a high-powered grill for the best camp cooking experience.
- Made with cast iron, this grill is the best when it comes to durability and long life.
- The grill consists of 3 burners, each capable of producing around 30,000 BTUs with a total of 90,000 BTUs which is higher than most of the grills in the same range.
- Not only this, but the space is overwhelming. It boasts over 600 square inches of area for cooking and an almost 400 square inches of a grill.
- The legs are independently levelled and can also be entirely removed for ease in transportation and storage.
- Features a fold-out shelf inbuilt in this equipment to hold out utensils so that you can keep them close while cooking.
Blackstone grills are known for their durability and great design, and thereby this makes it one of the best companies in the market today for such products. This particular stove has an ergonomic design, most of the parts are adjustable, which makes the stove highly portable. This feature is one of the sole reasons why people are so interested in buying this particular product.
- The best feature of this grill combo is its portability. It’s extremely portable and easy to carry on your camping trips. You will have space for items too. Considering the size of this combo, it’s a great deal. Although being compact, it’s only great for a drive, not for backpacking.
- The other best feature is that it’s modular. You can cook anything on this grill. It’s a combo pack of a grill and a griddle, making it perfect to grill burgers for lunch and then griddling pancakes for your family for breakfast. It’s not that you have to use a grill and a griddle; you can take off both of them to have two burners. So, you basically can use a combo of a grill and a burner or a griddle and a burner. With combos like this, it becomes effortless to cook.
- The Grill Combo supports two burners operating at 20,000 BTUs and 15,000 BTUs. This indeed is a tremendous amount of heat, making sure that your cooking is proper with total heat control.
- Durability hasn’t been the strongest point of a grill. But still, having a sturdy and durable piece of equipment would always be better. And so, durability can be considered to be a strong point of this grill. Made of cast iron with polishing providing resistance from rust for a long time will keep this grill safe.
- Still being a little high in price, the set is worth the price.
Even though this stove has a minimal design, it fits three burners that even the big grillers don’t have. The design is the most praiseworthy trait of this grill! The price of the stove is also very affordable and can be purchased by most of the buyers. If you are looking for a cheap three burner option, then this is our recommendation for you!
- Camp Chef with their professional team brings you this grill box perfect for a barbeque meal in the camping season.
- The grates being made from cast iron makes the cooking even more spicy and delicious, infusing your food with a vibrant barbeque flavour.
- Specially designed diffuser plates that will turn those flame into infrared heat and also, instantly vaporize any oil drippings.
- The Lid Damper valves built in the piece, control the heat and smoke while sealing the flavour in your food.
- Hinged Lid and lid handle for convenient opening and latch locks for convenient transportation of the grill.
Just like the other big size stoves on the list, this griller comes with a three burner design and enough space in the cooking area to house most of your ordinary utensils. This is also an excellent option for grilling chicken and other barbecue items. The height and overall design of the grill are high, and it is a perfect option to choose from if you plan to have those big camping trips!
- A similar product like the Camp Chef’s big gas grill, this grill can ensure you make food for your whole family.
- If you are looking for one of those big boy grills, this can be a better option.
- The whole equipment consists of 3 burners, each capable of producing heat of around 30,000 BTUs which totals of 90,000 BTUs of heat and that is extremely hot.
- Other accessories are included in this equipment like a regulator and a hosepipe, so you don’t have to buy them separately.
- Easy to ignite and comes with the full control of heat through control dials.
- Removable legs, making it easy to transport and store.
Camping Stove Grill Combo Buying Guide
Now, it is time to decide what is best for you. And for that, you need to know about the features you need to look in a grilled combo while you are buying one. So, for your help, here are some of them.
- Fuel Type
The fuel is indeed essential to consider. The first point of buying a stove was that you don’t have to rush in woods finding firewood. So, make sure your product has a better fuel option which is readily available, is cheap, does the work and also, does minimum harm to the environment.
- Liquid Fuels
The liquid option for fuel is LPG, also known as Liquefied Petroleum Gas. The options that come in LPG are propane, isobutane and butane. The difference between all of them is the vapour pressure. The lower the boiling point of gas, the higher is the vapour pressure, which makes better at even colder temperatures.
- Other Fuels
Well, the other fuels which you can use are wood, charcoal. There are also burners in the market just like solar cookers which lets you cook food with the help of solar energy since it can also be used as a fuel.
- Number of Burners
The number of burners is to be taken into consideration since it decides the total BTU output of a grill and also decides how much food you can make at once on the gas stove. There are three types of gas stoves when the number of burners is taken into consideration – Single Burner, Dual Burner and also, Multi Burners. Decide how much heat you need for your food and buy accordingly.
- Burner Power and Size
This is the most crucial point to be taken into consideration. The burner’s power will also decide the total BTU output of a grill. Well, it opens many opportunities. There can be a single burner gas stove with burner power to be 30,000 BTUs or there can be a two-burner gas stove with each burner’s power being 15,000 BTUs. In both cases, although the total power is the same, the area increases in the latter. Make sure you consider this too.
- Wind Protection
The wind has always been a problem when cooking outside. But having a windshield in your grill stove can make the cooking very much efficient, and your food will also not lose flavour. Better select one with it.
- Slimmer Control
Small fires can lead to big ones. A high output gas stove can be dangerous when camping in the woods. So, you need to make sure that you can control the heat and flames in your gas stove to avoid any hazards.
- Adjustable Legs
This is an excellent feature to have in a gas stove since it makes it easy to transport and store. It also makes it easy for the stove to carry it in your backpack if the stove’s light-weighted.
So, this was all you need to know about gas stove grill combos and the best ones in the market. Make sure you consider all these points appropriately while buying one for your trip.